For 24/7 crisis support, call Crisis Service Canada at (833) 456-4566
There is also http://www.suicidepreventionontario.ca/
CAMH: The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health:
If you need help in an emergency or are in crisis:
- visit your local emergency department or call 911
- contact a distress centre in Ontario near you (phone numbers provided below).
- Toronto Distress Centres: 416 408-4357 or 408-HELP
- Gerstein Centre: 416 929-5200
- Spectra Helpline: 416 920-0497 or 905 459-7777 for Brampton and Mississauga residents
TTY: 905 278-4890; Languages: English, Punjabi, Hindi, Urdu, Spanish, Portuguese
- Assaulted Women's Helpline: 416 863-0511; Toll-free: 1 866 863-0511
- Kids Help Phone: 1 800 668-6868; Languages: English and French
- Community Crisis Line Scarborough and Rouge Hospital: 416 495-2891 for 24/7 telephone crisis support.
Service borders: south to the lake, north to Steeles Avenue, east to Port Union Road, and west to Victoria Park
- Durham Crisis and Mental Health Line: 905 666-0483
- Distress Centre Halton: For Residents of the Halton Region (Burlington, Halton Hills, Milton, and Oakville). Oakville: 905-849-4541; Burlington: 905-681-1488; Milton/Halton Hills: 905-877-1211
Waypoint Centre for Mental Health Care:
Need immediate help?
If you need emergency help, please call 911 or visit your closest emergency department.
For a mental health or addiction concern, the Canadian Mental Health Association's
Mental Health Crisis and Information Line is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at
705-728-5044 or 1-888-893-8333 (toll-free)
Ontario Shoes Centre for Mental Health Sciences:
Need Immediate Help?
If you require emergency services please visit your closest or dial 911 on your telephone to reach Emergency Medical Services (EMS).
The Central Intake team is available by calling 877.767.9642 Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. They can answer your questions about navigating the system or guide you through the referral process. After business hours, please leave a message and your call will be returned within one business day.
Please dial 800.263.2679 or visit the closest hospital emergency room or dial 911 in the case of an emergency.
Prompt Care Clinic
Ontario Shores also has a Prompt Care Clinic that provides care for individuals who require timely access to mental health services, but do not require an emergency department visit. Ontario Shores receives referrals through our Central Intake Department at 877.767.9642.
See your family doctor
Inquire with your family doctor if he/she will see you immediately. Don't have a family doctor? Search for a family doctor on the College of Physicians website.
Ontario Shores has a service that allows Family Physicians or Nurse Practitioners to access a psychiatrist for telephone advice by booking an available appointment online.
Bring this information sheet to your family physician or nurse practitioner to see if it will help with your care.
Community crisis services
See a list of other crisis services available in the community.
St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton:
Are you having a mental health crisis?
Access COVID-19 Mental Health resources and support here.
- If this is an emergency, call 9-1-1
- Call the 24 hours Crisis Outreach and Support Team (COAST) at 905.972.8338 or online at coasthamilton.ca
- Call the 24 hours Crisis Services Canada Line at 1.833.456.4566 or online at crisisservicescanada.ca/
- Go to your nearest hospital Emergency Department. St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton has Emergency Psychiatry Services at 50 Charlton Avenue East, Hamilton
- Call your family physician
Click here to view and download resources for family/caregivers of people living with mental illness or addiction.
The Royal Mental Health- Care & Research:
If you are experiencing an emergency, please go to the emergency department of your nearest general hospital or call 911.
- Mental Health Crisis Line – 1+ (866) 996-0991
- Ottawa and the counties of Prescott Russell, Renfrew and Stormont Dundas and Glengarry – 1+ (613) 722-6914
- Leeds & Grenville district – 1+ (866) 281-2911
- Pembroke Regional Hospital Mobile Crisis Team – 1+ (613) 732-3675 ext. 8116 or 1+ (866) 996-0991
- Youth Services Bureau 24/7 Crisis Line – 1+ (613) 260-2360 or 1+ (877) 377-7775