CHILDREN RESISTING CONTACT POST-SEPARATION: CONCEPTS, CONTROVERSIES, ASSESSMENT & INTERVENTION
This small group virtual training opportunity (Zoom “meeting” format) is suitable for therapists, parenting plan evaluators, mediators, parenting coordinators & child protection workers. Using case examples, media, interactive exercises, and small group focused discussion, topics covered include:
- differentiated spectrum of parent-child contact problems - affinities, alignments, justified rejection (realistic estrangement), alienation & hybrid cases
- research on the impact of alienation on children, adolescents & young adults
- clinical screening, intake & assessment using multi-factor model
- differentiated clinical & trauma-informed interventions for mild & moderate cases
- role of the court, legal remedies & necessary components for court order
- nuts & bolts of family systems-based interventions (Multi-Faceted Family Therapy) for mild & some moderate cases, including initial query & referral management, clinical screening & intake protocols, informed consent process & service agreement, psycho-educational tools & clinical interventions, strategies & techniques.